conservation architects

old throne hospital

The practice acted as Architect, Project Manager, Contractor and Developer for this restoration project and now occupies a portion of the building. Built in 1874 (designed by architect Timothy Hevey) the interior spaces have been reinvigorated with a muted palette of materials and finishes that allow elements of the original building to register against a new delicately-industrial aesthetic. The new extension is in a deliberately more contemporary vein, contrasting boldly with the old.